Tuesday, September 9, 2014

NFL Week 2 first pick, and Week 1 recap.

Before I get into my week 1 recap I'm making my Thursday game prediction.

Thursday Pittsburgh @ Baltimore.  I pick Baltimore -5.78.  Meaning I think they're going to win by at least 5.78 points.  The Vegas Sports books have Baltimore -2.

Week 1 Recap
What a week in the NFL.  There were so many weird things that happened this week it's tough to know where to begin.  I'll start with one that starts close to home for me

 1. Pittsburgh beats Cleveland, after giving up a 24 point lead.

I live in the heart of Steeler country.  Being a life long Bills fan is not easy when you live in such a die hard fan area.  All the fans around here were watching this game in horror though as the Steelers, over 3 quarters squandered what was a 27-3 lead.  The terror on their faces as the score changed was priceless to someone like me who thinks that most Steelers fans need to be taken down a peg or two.  27-3, 27-10, 27-17, 27-20, 27-27!!!!!!!!.  When the Browns tied it up my buddies up here were cussing enough to curl the toes on a Thai hooker.  I had faith though (its the friggin Browns), and Pittsburgh pulled it out.

2. Buffalo beats Chicago in OT
Being a die hard Bills fan, any Bills win makes me happy.  I was very conflicted though, because my numbers had Bears -7.  Proud of my guys for pulling out the W, but they crapped all over my prediction.

3.  Everyone in the sports world was convinced that Carolina couldn't win without Cam Newton.  WRONG!

4.  WTF happend to RG3

5.  Loved watching Tom Brady get sacked repeated by the Dolphins.  I hate both Tom Brady and the Patriots like I hate the Nazi's

6.  Anyone else notice that in the stands during the first Dallas home game there were way more SF jerseys than Cowboys gear.

My results for Week 1 were just as weird as the actual results  Win percentage 43.75%  and if I had actually bet according to my formulas, I would be -$650 betting $100 per game.  This is why I don't bet real money yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment